Monday, March 7, 2011

Our Trip on the Celebrity Eclipse



Well, it is back to reality for us. We have returned from our 7 night cruise on board the incredibly beautiful Celebrity Eclipse. We were on board for a Seminar at Sea, which was given by Celebrity. But even with our "class time" there was enough time for us to enjoy the ship and the three ports of call while sailing the Eastern Caribbean itinerary, which visited San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Maarten and St. Kitts.  


This is the second time I have been on this ship. The first was during a two night inaugural sailing with travel agents only, which I have to say didn't give me the true feeling of the ship. This time, we were on an actual cruise with passengers. We were able to see and experience the activities of the ship that are offered, as well as some that were not.  


I seem to say that I love every cruise I am on; however, this one left me with an even better love! The ship is absolutely beautiful. It is a really classy ship. The design is wonderful, very neutral. The passengers were lovely. The food was very good, and in some cases outstanding. The entertainment was non-stop. No, you won't find a rock climbing wall, or a zip line. But you will find enriching programs such as dance lessons, the opportunity to learn different languages, computer courses, wine tastings and pairings, fabulous shows and so on.  


We did have quite a bit of learning time, but aside from regular classroom stuff, we had the opportunity to do a bridge tour, which is amazing. We also did a tour of the operations room, which was even more amazing. To see endless computer monitors watching everything on the ship and keep it running, wow. We did a galley tour, which is always fun. And I also got to participate in the Celebrity Chef Cook Off. That meant I was on stage with a couple of chefs during a competition. It was a great experience! We learned a lot about Celebrity Cruises, both from the "selling" side, but also from the operations side. For example, the Celebrity Eclipse is a green ship. They have their own water desalinization equipment on board, which enables them to put completely clean water back into the ocean.  


It was a fabulous trip. I am sad to be back home. I am already looking at my next trip with them, which hopefully will allow me to cross an item off my bucket list! I see that they have wonderful Mediterranean itineraries and I really want to see Venice, Italy and Santorini, Greece. I think next year I will be there!  


Interested in finding out more about Celebrity, their ships and itineraries? Give me a call! I can help you find the right ship for you, with the perfect itinerary (whether it is on Celebrity or another line). You can reach me toll free at 888-882-5793 or on the web at www.kfreer.cruiseone.com.  


CruiseOne Freer & Associates is the only stop you will need to make when starting your search for your dream vacation. We can handle your requests whether you are interested in cruising or land. We look forward to hearing from you!


Check out our photos on YouTube!

No comments:

Post a Comment