Friday, October 21, 2011

Cruising on the world’s largest cruise ship, Allure of the Seas


Last week we attended CruiseOne’s National Conference on board the Allure of the Seas. I must admit, I was a little apprehensive about the entire trip simply due to the size of the ship. Would it take four hours to board? Will I feel like I am being herded like cattle? Will there be any breathing room for me on board with 5,700 other passengers? To my surprise and pleasure, everything was wonderful from embarkation to disembarkation.

Arriving in Port Everglades, looking up at this massive structure, all I could say was “wow, that ship is huge!” No doubt about it, this is the largest cruise ship in the world. Well, now it is time to stand in long lines to board the ship. But wait just a minute, where is everybody? No lines to board? How can this be? We were through the terminal and on the ship in less than 15 minutes. The reason it took so long is because there were six of us in three staterooms and we waited for all of us to check in.

Royal Caribbean certainly does everything right with this ship. Everything was amazing from the food in all dining venues to the wide variety of shows and entertainment. There is so much to do for all ages on board. My only complaint is that I did not get to experience everything in my one week on board, so it looks like I will just have to sail the Allure of the Seas again (sailing again is not part of the complaint!).

Our itinerary was the Western Caribbean, making stops in Labadee, Haiti (Royal Caribbean’s private island); Falmouth, Jamaica and Cozumel, Mexico. The only port we stayed off the ship for any length of time was Falmouth. I know a great local taxi driver there that has taken us around in the past. He was wonderful, and we used him again (there will be a separate blog about our trip with him). The rest of the time was spent on board exploring. Cozumel met us with an all day rain storm, and the seas were quite choppy for our return home. The Allure of the Seas handles choppy seas very nicely. You could hardly feel any movement making her a great choice for a cruiser who might get motion discomfort.

This ship is a definite must sail. It is wonderful for families, singles and people of all ages. There is something to do around every corner whether you are looking for action or relaxation. And, surprisingly, you really do not notice that you are traveling with 5,700 other passengers.

Looking for more detail on this ship? Feel free to send me an email at kfreer@cruiseone.com and I will be more than happy to share! You can also visit us on the web at www.MemorableVoyages.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment