Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Our Disney World Trip



I do not normally write about my land vacations on this blog, but for this trip, I really felt that I had to.

My husband and I took our 2 1/2 year old daughter to Disney World last week for her first time. I really wanted to go during the holiday season, as I love the way Disney decorates. And, since our daughter loves Mickey Mouse and friends and is really into the Disney Princesses, I thought this would be a great time to go.


Yes, it was packed ... more so because of the holidays. We arrived at the park (after parking and monorail) at about 10:30am. I think I was more excited than anyone to get there. We had a great day planned. I was able to secure reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch with the Princesses, and dinner was at Chef Mickeys. We did take in a few kiddie rides with our little one, then off to lunch. What a great experience for her. Included in the lunch fare is a portrait with Cinderella. Lunch was great, and four princesses visited the tables (Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, Belle and Jasmine). Great photo opps with each, although our daughter kept picking up her pizza for the pictures!


After lunch, back to the park and walked around. We decided we would catch one of the shows by the castle. At this point, our daughter was tired, but there was no way she was going to take a nap with all of the excitement. So, she went into a little melt down. So, being that we were at Disney, one of the gentlemen that was making sure the streets were clean, came over to our crying daughter, reached into his pocket and handed her a few metallic colored Mickey Mouse ears. The crying stopped. This is an example of what Disney is all about. Every employee in the park knows how to make the experience "magical" and memorable.

When it was time for dinner, back to the monorail to go to the Contemporary Resort where Chef Mickeys is located. This is a buffet style meal, and five characters visited us this evening. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald. This was a great
experience as well.

I think the point of my posting is that Disney is a fantastic vacation, whether you are visiting a park or taking the cruise. Yes, Disney is more costly than other vacations or cruise lines, but you do get what you pay for. It was an amazing experience. We are scheduled to be on the Disney Dream for our second cruise in April with our little one, and after the Disney park experience, we are looking forward to it even more.

Don't forget that we do handle land vacations as well as cruises. So, when you are ready for your Disney trip, give me a call and let CruiseOne Freer & Associates help you with the process!

www.MemorableVoyages.com or toll free, 888-882-5793.

No comments:

Post a Comment